Monday, September 28, 2009

Starting out on the right lead...

All i can say is that I hope that the rest of the week is as good as Sunday. I tagged along with Terri and Anna to a Mid-Rivers Saddle Club open show. It was supposed to be last week, but it got rained out otherwise I wouldn't have gone to a show so close to the championships.
That being said, I'm glad I did. It was alot of fun, and I did pretty well, if I may say so myself. RC was a trooper, slogging through 8 classes through the day. I entered Novice walk trot (english), adult walk trot, adult english pleasure, novice english equitation, adult english equitation, novice horsemanship, adult horsemanship and adult trail. By adult trail, RC was pretty worn out. He had decided that this was not the kind of shows he likes. Evidently he prefers the shows where he goes back to the stall and eats for a few hours between classes. At the end of the show we had three championship ribbons and one reserve. RC does like big ribbons (a la AT style). I wish I had a picture. RC and I were nearly too sequined to look at. It was great.
Next month they have a costume class (and I'm so doing it)... so ideas anyone?

Now on to the championships. The ride times are up, and I have less then three days... The count down has begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment