Saturday, January 16, 2010

Work Out


This title is not in fact referring to the sure-to-be-painful lessons that I am taking this afternoon from MD, but to the process of getting in to and out of my new(ish) Dehner boots. I am, in fact, at this very minute, defying physics. Because I KNOW that my legs are bigger then these boots are allowing for. It is an unpleasant sensation, one that you are balances by your knees while your lower legs are wrapped in little sausage casings. (In case you hadn't guessed, I am trying to stretch them out enough to wear to a clinic, TODAY, but I don't think that's going to happen). Ow...


Other then my painful lower legs, everything has been just peachy. First of all, I have started riding Deli again. We're up to a trot around the arena, across diagonals and whatnot; no cantering yet. She still tries those mini balks, but nothing worse then a pause. She still tries as hard as I remember (and she's gotten bigger.... and still growing) so she's fun to work with.
Unfortunately, everyone has had two or three days off due to the rain, so now they have been inside for 48 hours with no work, so this clinic should be interesting. One can only hope that London use his energy for good, not evil...

No comments:

Post a Comment