Monday, January 24, 2011

From the Outside Looking In...

So Houston Dressage Society had their first show of the season over the weekend. And again, I went and watched without showing.

Is it just me, or is is unbelieveably easier to be a spectator then it is to actually HAVE to show? Now, don't get me wrong, I am not hanging up my top hat (or helmet, depending on the ride). I'm just saying that it was fun to go out and scope out the competition, in a way. I watch GP to training level and even the pas de deux. Not only am I able to see the 'flaws' or errors (catch your shoulders people!) and appreciate the nice horses for being, well, nice to their riders. You also see ladies (lets face it, the men are few and far between) who are trying very very hard and who are really proud of their horses. It makes a person smile.

By day two, I was wishing that Delight was ready for the big leagues. She's not... Yet. There's no reason to rush her since when I finally do get her tot eh recognized shows, I don't just want her to show. I don't even just want her to win; I want her to win. I want her to be that third level horse showing training/first. (And I want to finally stop being reserve champion.. selfish)

But as my horses are young and my knee is NQR, there are no recognized shows in my immediate future. So, the goal in mind is a freestyle clinic this weekend and an MD clinic next weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment