Thursday, October 20, 2011

Seasons are changing...


First of all, long time, no update. Sorry about that.

And moving on... The ponies and I have had our first taste of this "fall" business. Or should I say Autumn? Autumn sounds colder. I'll go with that. It's been 40 degrees and rainy for a week and a half here. Brr... The ponies are in their makeshift stalls (don't worry, before and after barn project pictures will come, but not til I have the "after" pictures too), blanketed and chowing down like they've never seen food before. They are also portly and losing muscle form lack of exercise.
I tried (honest I did) to work them last weekend, but there were 30 mph gusts and 40 degrees. Deli was working well until she was hit by a gust of wind. Then she went to a crouch and brace. Let me tell you that the canter to crouch is not a fun transition... Oh, and it seems that RC has taken to playing roughly, as evident by a bite out of Deli's nce pink blanket (pretty sure she didnt do it). So now Deli is in one of the spares-probably used to be Opie's because it smells strongly of mare pee (gross). Deli is not so happy...

But the Poodles are loving the weather. Well, Bacon is loving the crisp mornings; he gets to frolic while wearing a coat. Tempi prefers the afternoons when it's a little drier outside.

Oh, and I've been seeing all kinds of deer on my morning walks wth the poodles. Tis morning I thought to bring my camera, and caught this less than stellar shot. The poodles just stand quietly hoping that the deer will go away....

No comments:

Post a Comment