Tuesday, December 13, 2011

BiPolar... But Mostly Polar


The weather in this place could drive a person crazy... 
All last week was cold. Extreemly cold! Less than 10 degrees while I was riding (days of zero degrees in the arena…brrr!)
That's right. 4 Degrees. Brrr....

Then Sunday rolled around. 30 degrees an sunny when I got up with the dogs. We went on a nature walk… all the way around the back field with me carrying Tempi (the snow is taller than she is) and Scott and Bacon taking turns ambushing each other, while nearly knocking me over. Let me just say that it s more work than I had expected walking in knee deep snow…

By noon when I was preparing to head out to go ride, it was 40 degrees, the sun was still shining. By the time I rode Tilly (who was a champ, even though everyone though that she was RC…) it was up to 50 degrees! Off went the blankets (except for RC, who just traded blankets for his light weight one… what a wimp), off went my jackets. Delight was, for once, a delight.  She still tries that silly spook in the corners thing, but wasn’t too terribly tricky to ride. We worked mostly at the canter because I’m sick of the “pony says whoa” and we just needed to move OUT! So we cantered left, cantered right, and by half an hour we were both sweating up a storm…
RC was my last ride of the beautiful day… And we took it easy. I worked without stirrups t try to combat that terribly tendency of letting my heels creep up when my legs get tense. Now, two days later, all of the little ligaments are still screaming at me. Ouch. 
It's pretty here, if nothing else...

No comments:

Post a Comment