Saturday, May 23, 2009

Day 2

Well, I got up this morning around 6:00 am, local time. The last thing that I wanted to do was be the later sleeping college kid, you know? So I was up and at ‘em bright and early. I got my two fed (Martha doesn’t feed grain in the mornings). I then cleaned out my trailer and after Martha came outside, cleaned out the pens.
I brushed Deli. She didn’t really like being forced to stand in the cross ties, but she adored getting all of the attention. She may turn out to be a little attention whore. You never know. Other then being resistant to having her feet picked up, she handled it all pretty well. She let me use the summer spray and fly spray on her with no issues; she even let me brush out her tail. In a side note, she has one of the thickest tails that I have ever seen. She has Bucky beat out for sheer tail volume. And when it gets long, she’ll have those quarter horses beat out too… The down side to an impressive tail is that she also has a massively thick mane. It is going to be a pain in the ass to braid. I am not looking forward to pulling and thinning for shows.
The farrier showed up while I was brushing, and even trimmed the first horse outside since I was using up the wash stall. I felt kinda bad about that, so I kept the farrier company. She (yes, a woman farrier) was pretty funny. A real nice person with some good stories. She was even smiling when one of Martha’s mares used her farriers box as a manure bucket. Good aim, mare.
So then I was at a loss of what to do. So I went back to my room and took a nap. It wasn’t very peaceful considering that there were some construction workers walking around and I was paranoid that they were going to look in on me while I napped. And Tempi kept barking at every little sound. Where did that little habit come from? It needs to stop. After my nap was a fail, I brought in the last few things from the trailer and made my self a beautiful lunch of rice-a-roni, “the san Francisco treat!”. It was supprisingly good, If I do say so myself. Post lunch, I gained internet access (yay!) then went out to work RC.
RC was not so happy that everything is sand around here. The arena must be at least six inches deep. That poor little work horse was puffing away after just a warm up. I let him walk after everything we did, just to keep him happy. All in all he got better and better the longer I worked him. By the end, he was really starting to push off from behind. I didn’t get afer him too much for being lazy today, seeing as he did just complete a 1120 mile trip. I have some compassion for the little guy. After 40 min of walk/trot/canter, I untacked, gave him a bath, cleaned my tack (all of it) and then preceeded to try to back my trailer into position. That’s where it all went bad.
I was going to pull my trailer around on the chat area, so that I (hopefully) wouldn’t sink up to my axle. But as I was pulling the truck and trailer around, the heavens opened up. And I sunk. Damn it. I sure do hope that Dan can figure out a way to get me out of there… I have no idea how this is going to work. I can’t see any way out of it.
Update: With the use of a tractor and a chain around my rear trailer axle, we puller my truck backwards. And it got stuck again. So we pulled some more. And it got stuck again. So we tried a different tactic, then the havens opened up and it poured. I got soaked through to the skin for the second time in six hours… So the trailer remains stuck in the driveway. For now…

No comments:

Post a Comment