Saturday, May 30, 2009

Weekends....


So today I didn't really "work". I got to sleep in til eight! Then I cleaned some stalls... Then it was lesson time.
RC did NOT want to sit at all today. I think he might be a little sore from yesterday, but even on the 10m circle, he was really really stiff. It probably took the better part of 45 minutes to get him to relax through his back enough so that he wouldn't pop into the canter every time I close my outside leg. The one thing that I did learn is that the most obvious sign that RC's not really connected is that when I half halt through the outside rein, he tilts his nose to the outside, or wags his head. If the head is moving, the connection is lacking. By the end of the lesson, his canter work was really good. He did some swapping behind at the beginning, but once he figured out that I wasn't asking him to sit THAT much, he settled down and was a good boy.
Then I lunged Deli. I'll have to put a pict up of her in all her finery, but I don't have anyone to take it... Maybe I can talk MD into it. Today we lunged without the halter on over the bridle. I even left the irons on the saddle, and after an initial start that something had hit her in the sides, Deli just went about her business. It all comes down to Monday. I'm going to sit on her then... We shall see...

To at least act like it's a weekend, I went into El Paso today. I fount a Barnes & Nobel about 20 minutes from here, so I drove down and just perused through the books. There were a few that looked fun, and I wasted a whole afternoon there. Maybe I'll go to the museums next weekend. I should really try to do SOMETHING each weekend...
And finally, today's picture was taken out of the window of my truck. Sorry if it's kind of blurry, but I kinda took it on the fly. What possessed someone to build a house like this in El Paso? it's kind of goofy looking....

No comments:

Post a Comment