Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Making the Right Choice...

You know how after a long Monday (because Mondays are proven to feel way longer than any other day of the week), you get home absolutely drained and are tempted to take a short cut or two?
Ballsy little deer....

London is not sure he's a fan of the deer. At All. 

Well I did and didn't. At the same time.
I'll admit, I gave the whole herd a day off, even though they didn't need or particularly want it. I laid down and took an hour long power nap. Evidently I really needed it.
Anyway, I woke up at 8 and headed  out to feed horses.
Sure, I knew that there was a chance of rain, but really, the sky was blue and any clouds were way to the north. Surely, I thought to myself, I can save myself some work and leave them out tonight? What could it possibly hurt?

Then I told myself to suck it up. Put hay in the stalls and bring them in, if just because London likes spending the night in his stall away from RC. So I hayed, watered and brought the herd in for the night.

Of course, later that night as I was watching an episode of Psych before falling asleep (or possibly falling asleep while watching an episode of Psych), in rolls a storm; rain, lightening, thunder, the whole nine yards. Thank goodness I had already brought the horses in!

Score one point for forethought!

No comments:

Post a Comment