Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Too Hot

Ok, so the title says it all. The thermometer yesterday afternoon said 116. And I believe it. It's like standing in an oven with a hairdryer pointed right at your face. Not pleasant.
So, Let's just asay that today hasn't been super productive for me. I accompanied MD to the vet to have four mares checked for pregnancy. Three were pregnant, and the one that we weren't sure about was assumed to be open, but the dr was not positive of it. So congrats to Ruby, Gigi and Ami on (hopfully) impending motherhood.
The down side of taking four to the vet is that it took forever. We didn't make it back to the farm til 10a. And it was already hot, hot, hot by then. I rode RC, but I think that it was counterproductive, since he didnt want to work, and I was too hot to think straight. We ended up getting into a big fight... Go figure. This concludes my hypothesis that as the temperature increases, my patience decreases. Not a good trait, but a helpful thing to know about myself, to be sure.
Anyway, that's pretty much been my day. Too hot to think. Pleasant.
(Get me out of here!)

1 comment:

  1. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay on Ami! It was the greatest news! Now, I have 11 more months to stress on top of the last 4 months. Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete