Monday, April 30, 2012

Knowledge is Power! Pony Power!

Ahh... I am basking in my short lived post clinic glow. There's nothing like a great weekend of lessons with a good trainer. Makes me wish that I had more than one lesson a day. The facility was beautiful and Delight was a gem. She was calm and confident the whole time, and got better and better. She was a totally different horse than the one I've been riding all winter.... What a nice change!
I won't go into all of the nitty gritty details which would probably bore you, but I'll throw in some screen shots from my filed lessons (Thank you, Donna!) and a few good quotes.
"Half halt with her hair! When it flies half halt!" Good thing I didn't braid....
"Is she gets hurried, come down quickly with your booty"
 
"Move your butt crack - that's a technical term - more to the outside"
“You’re a very good student. You listen well and feel well whats happening underneath you with your horse” Awwwwww!
"Even though she's not tall, she's quite wide... like a draft horse!"

I will say that I had a great time, and Ken Borden was very very complimentary of Delight. He had some very nice things to say about her quality - even if she is a pony. All in all, Delight and I weren't outclassed. We belong in the dressage ring.

Also, when someone is fliming their ride, it's probably best not to get to gossipy near the camera. Just sayin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment