Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Ahhh... the Weekend

 Ahhh... you know that blissful feeling of having absolutly nothing to do all weekend?
Yeah. Me neither.

I will say that I did take a trip to Marquette to swing by TSC and was introduced to the wonder that is Menards. Ohhh... how I could spend hours in that store.
Hours, I tell you.

Oh, and the icing on the Menards cake? The t-posts were 35 cents cheaper! How I do love finding a good deal. I even took myself out to dinner at a semi-swanky italian place... then headed for home around 9:30 after a full day of shopping in hardware stores.

One of the downsides of the UP summers.... I had the sun in my eyes the entire drive home. My life is hard.

Now, the biggest problem, as I see it, related to hardware stores is not the shopping or the dropping of obscene amounts of cash, it's the next day. Unless you are some loser who goes to hardware stores because it's fun to slum with the 'common folk', a trip to the hardware store means that you are about to embark on some sort of project, usually involving manual labor.

Which brings us to Sunday:
 Sexy new pasture for the ponies! I know, there is no hot wire (yet), but look at all those straight little posts! I'll admit that by the end of the day, my lawn tractor was out of gas and so was I. The thought of walking that fenceline one more time to string the hot wire was just too much for me to contemplate.
Oooh....
Ahhhh....
Of course, my horses have been pretty good. Delight seems to have forgotten what leg aids mean, but a quick consult with the PA branch of MacDonald Dressage seems to have helped quite a bit. 
Why is it that as soon as you fill out those entry forms, a training hole appears?
"Inside leg to Outside rein!"
 Of course, the horses seem pretty happy, over all. I mean, they still refuse to sleep outside at night, but other than that... they are happy campers.
Don't you DARE leave us out here in the dark!

No comments:

Post a Comment