Monday, November 4, 2013

And... Wa-alk

It's been a pretty quiet few days.

Delight likes her new saddle, but it does need to be a tad wider for her to have absolutely no reason to complain. I'm really glad to finally have something that is pretty comfortable - for her- on her. Don't get me wrong, I love the saddle too, it fit's me just fine, even if the flaps are just a touch longer than I would have really liked.
Look at the little Tini-Bopper in her grown up bridle
And I rode Tini. Yep, you read that right. Rode. As in, sat on as she walked about. And it was a total non-event (whew!).
She's gotten really good at lunging in pretty round circles, even while wearing a bit, so I decided to up the ante. I had already sat on her once, and she didn't react other than to wrap her neck around and look at me. So, this weekend when it was windy and cool (perfect baby-working weather), I mounted the Tini. No holder, no lunge line.

And we walked.

Her steering is going to need some work, and I really wish that I had fenced in my arena; that would have totally made this whole riding-a-greenie thing way less concerning.  So now we have two days of walking in little circles under our belt. Like a pro.
Who is that fine looking mare?


No comments:

Post a Comment