Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Tis The Season


Well, Tis the season before the season... You know, the national holiday to celebrate gluttony in all it's forms, but most specifically, turkey cranberry sauce and pie.
Since I haven't ridden in nearly a week, I have been feeling an acute case of the - as named by Court and I- the Wubba-wubbas.

You know, that feeling where you jiggle. And not in an attractive fashion. It's not good, not good at all. So I went for a ride... Or two.
Winter Wonder Land
 Tilly was justifiebly concerned about the snow in her arena. I mean, it's not easy for a little pony to trot through 8" of snow. Lift those legs, Tilly. Feel the burn! Since I am not a cruel task master, we just had a w-t-c ride, and not a very long one at that. Just enough to get the pony a little warm under her quartersheet.
Delight was a little more of a handful. Sure she started out quiet enough, but the longer we rode, the pissier she got.
Can I bolt?
What if I buck?
What do you mean you don't like it when I turn into a pogo stick?

Mares. Pony mares. Sheesh. Still, it was the kind of ride that makes you laugh as you zing through the snow, just because it's so fun to run through the snow.

Good thing I nixed the thought of ponying Tini off of Delight.... at least until Delight settles down a bit. (it's still on the winter To-Do list).

Moving on.
Tomorrow is Turkey Day, AKA Thanksgiving. So here's my list of Thanks:

I'm thankful for all three of my wonderfully complicated mares. They are each special and fun in their own unique way. We may not be world-beaters (yet!), but the journey is fun.
 I'm thankful for my beautiful wonderful farm. I have a creek, bridge, cool little farmhouse and awesome old barn. And slowly, I'm making it better. Slowly. Very, very slowly.
Over the river and through the woods
I'm thankful for my jobs. Both of them. My engineering job helps me afford this horse stuff, and gives me time to cultivate my teaching job. My teaching job helps me spread the word of Dressage and has allowed me to meet some amazing people.

I'm thankful for my dogs (even Scott). I hope to be the person that Bacon believes I am... someday.

I'm thankful for my family, because honestly, no one could ask for a better family than mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment