Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Danger of Silicone

No, this is not a post about the hazards of augmented breasts (though I imagine that it would be tough to sit the trot)....

As many of you know, I have a secret obsession with tails. I love a big full thick tail... And with Delight I finally have at least one tail in my barn to be proud of- seeing as Tilly and RC have skimpy little mule tails and London has a full but short tail I guess I have to make due.

And what is rule number one of tail care (for those of us who just cant do the 'ignore it until show day' thing?
Always use a product before brushing to reduce the hair damage.

Unfortunately the Showsheen that love to use is silicone based. What's the issue, you ask?
The issue is that I did my ten minutes of brushing and playing with Delight's tail, then proceeded to tack up and (probably) wipe my hands on my pants.
Genius, I know.

Of course I didn't give any of that a second thought until Delight and I flushed out a turkey.
Then I realized that the coefficient of friction between the seat of my breeches and my flat crosby saddle was approaching zero (for those who don't speak engineering... it was slippery!).  Only reflexes like a cat and a core of steel kept me and Delight from parting ways and Delight merrily cantering home to the sound of William Tell's Ovature.  

Fortunately, I was able to spare my pride the walk home to retreive my horse, and we actually had qute a good ride with lots of sitting trot and transitions (pony has to go to a show, so we'd better get our shit together).

You can bet that I didn't showsheen RC's tail until AFTER I rode him (even though he's my WonderPony who would never try to squirt out from under me over a bird).

What do you know, I CAN be taught!

No comments:

Post a Comment