Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Rain, Rain.... Sigh.

It's been raining off an on for three days now. I'm good and tired of it.
I know, I know.. the area needed a good soaking. Yeah... rain can bee a good thing
(Rain makes corn...Corn makes whiskey... Whiskey makes my baby feel a little frisky!)

But it makes it darn difficult to get all of my horses worked! I have to plot and plan and be ready to hop on a pony (because they do NOT work in the rain).
As it would turn out, Delight also does not like the horse flies. Nothing like a trot-buck-squeal-canter transition to show her displeasure at being subjected to such conditions! Tilly is much more accommodating to the conditions (and we're working on her extreme distrust of the the fly spray bottle) and has been making steady progress. I'm starting to think that our August debut might not be a stretch!
Delight will have to work the buck out of our transitions before our next show...

Now, RC... my poor RC. Steady, dependable RC.
He had to work in the rain. And he worked well! Turns out that he doesnt mind a steady mist to the face when practicing his simple changes.
(I never liked the rain until I walked through it with you...)
There was something refreshing about riding through a steady light rain, asking for RC to work through it as the drops run down your arms and his neck and shoulders... It was a neat change from our normal pace.
(When I hear it I just can't believe I never liked the rain)

Also, this was a good excuse for me to trot out my favorite 'rain themed' songs. Guess what's stuck in my head now?


And I'm still waiting on pins and needles for my show pictures, because, really, who doesn't love show pictures?

No comments:

Post a Comment