Monday, June 22, 2009

Good Start...

So today has been a good day. Scorching, but good. I think that it was the hottest day that I've experienced since I've been here. Just when I thought I couldn't stand it any more, the clouds rolled in, and I think it's going to storm tonight. The day started with RC, once again. He was a little champ. He started out stiff, but I think I'm figuring out how to move him off my leg and hold my hand (with out wagging his nose side to side trying to make him feel less stiff...) when we warm up so that he uses his back. His feet are way long, so he was tripping left and right today. Even with that, I think that today was one of his better days. If I can get days like this for a few days in a row, then I'll have a great little dressage pony. After RC, it was the Cremello's turn. She's becoming less of a nut, but she still has major issues with people sitting on her back. She went into total flip-out mode when i was sitting on her and MD asked her to take a step... It was a total choice to leap off that horse. Anyway, now I'm just laying across the saddle while she walks; trying to work on steering and halting while hanging like a sack of potatoes is not an easy task. Then it was the pony's turn. Deli really does like to work. She enjoys being lunged (except when she hits a deep spot, then the Diva in her rebels). She's working on the riding aspect. She can be a little balk-y, wanting to stop and kick out at the leg in the trot, but we're working on it. It's still uber cool to ride her... And finally... Shady had 8 puppies on Saturday morning! They are going to be huge dogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment