Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Extreme Barn Makeover: Version 2.0

Ahhh, glorious long weekends... the perfect time to ride all of my horses, relax, maybe drink a beer (or fruity girly drink... what of it?).
Or not.

My dad was in town this weekend, so I got a shit ton of jobs done... but no horses ridden (which I'm strongly tempted to panic about, seeing as I just signed up for two shows in the next month). So, without any further ado... I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. (For a refresher of how the barn used to look, go HERE)
The old floor torn out, concrete broken up and removed (thanks dad!)

Center support beam up. Six foot gate installed and 4"x4"s laid down as base supports.

Wall up, gate latch installed. The floor was raked smooth (or as smooth as I could get it) and 3/4" rubber mats were laid down. 

Check out those mats!

The cheap 1/2" mats I had were re-positioned on the alley way floor. I'm one mat short, but when my tack box gets installed, it won't even be noticeable.


So, what else could I have possibly gotten done?
A tack area!
 Ooooohhhhhh.....
 Ahhhhhhh!
The herd in their stalls. London thins that the barn is just a touch short....

Tilly, enjoying her new stall, and Delight sulking in the back. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm actually planning on attempting the same thing in our barn; what is the height of the ceiling (from lowest beam) after you removed the floor? I'm on the fence about taking out the concrete floor, which is still in good shape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My ceiling is a short 7' with the cement gone. 90 years of frost heaving did not leave that floor in great shape, but it's been a snug, wonderful little barn for three years now

    ReplyDelete