I bought a nifty little white board for my front door to help me keep track of who's lessons are when and where and what all I need to get done. It was a great idea, if I do say so myself... I write three (or four) day's worth of lessons, events and social agenda (hah! Good one, Alison! Thanks for the laugh!) along with what little things I think that I can knock off of my to do list. This Idea came from the full fledged melt down I had when writing down the Official To Do list (referred to as a TDL. Hey, as an engineer, I love a good acronym) for my farm... By the time I finished listing one page worth of projects, I was exhausted and had to retreat to my living room to veg out and watch an episode or two of Psych.
Anyway, yesterday's TDL had:
- Clean stalls (come on, everyone starts their To Do lists with an gimme) -Check
- Ride Horses (And, maybe I need some motivation) -Check
- Plant my seedlings (the beets are taking over my kitchen...) -Nope
So, two out of three ain't bad, right?
Anyway, this weekend's TDL is getting out of hand... And it's only Wednesday!
- Mow the lawn (or turn RC out in the yard) so my house looks less abandoned
- Finish my fence! (There are only three posts left! Nearly done!)
- Hook up the fencer (Tilly is NOT going to like that)
- Plant my seedlings. Finally. (The beets are going to start a revolution if I don't spread them out a little bit.)
- Call about leveling the arena (again)
- Start making my arena letters
- Time permitting: plan a trip to TSC (it's a two hour drive there... so a little planning or rainy day might be in order) for mats
- Start construction on Stall # 4 for Tilly
- Get a load of shavings
And the list goes on and on... So many things, so little time.. And that's not even the official TDL.
Then again I may just scratch the whole list and just ride again. It's really only hurting my beets....