Friday, January 13, 2012

Day 3: Water

Ok, so after two days of enlightening encouragement, today's New Year New You advice was a little underwhelming; the gist of which is that horses need to drink, even in winter.
While it is important to monitor their water intake, I knew this already. And I don't feel the inspiration from the last two days to get off my can and go ride.
Oh well, they can't all be winners....

So I took today's advice, though probably not in the spirit intended. I'm sitting in the nice warm office drinking tea. Hydration is just as important for me as it is for those ponies, don't you think?
And since it was 2 degrees out this morning, I gave the ponies the morning off and played in the snow with the dogs instead. Lucky them!
Obviously Bacon is psyched about wearing his jacket. Look at those ears!
Not related to anything, but kind of a cool shot, dontcha think?
You can't tell, but both Tempi and Bacon disappeared in the snow bank  by the barn...

Bacon, striking a pose in the snow. He fell through the ice crust.

Looks like it's going to be a cold couple of days... Guess RC'll wear his new fleece liner!

No comments:

Post a Comment