Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy New Year!!

Ah, it's that time again. The time when we should look back over the past year and reevaluate our goals and values for the new year. Time for that New Years Resolutions. Anyone with facebook has been bombarded with 'friends' resolutions over the last week.
There are the trite ones...
"This year I'm going to be a better person!" (I may have to slap you)
"My resolution is to have more smiles than tears in the coming year!" (friendship blocked)
"My goal is to surround myself with positive energy" (Seriously?)

Complete and total bull. These are only posted for that their mom/aunt/grandmother will comment "You're such a treasure in my life" and everyone will know how wonderful you are.

Then there are the show off ones..
"I'm going to get my beach body back!" from the 90 pound girl
"I'm going to save money for future investments" Dude, we're 20-somethings. We don't care about your stock portfolio.

Blah, blah, blah.

There are the funny ones
"My resolution is to spend more time on my horse, less time in the dirt" (which is just tempting fate, isnt it?)


And so what's mine?
Hell if I know. I guess I'll just have to wing it in 2012, just like I did in 2011. It seemed to work out alright.

By the way, Have to send out a huge THANK YOU to Patty Pendergast for this wonderful christmas ornament! It is just wonderful (though I'll have to make you sign it next time I'm in town)!

No comments:

Post a Comment